I’m quoted on a variety of topics including beauty culture, beauty history, trends, marketing, philanthropy and communication. These are some fun places I’ve appeared lately.
Beauty is a great big part of my life, and if you’re writing about anything from beauty history to future trends, I’d love to lend my insights and unique take on everything from beauty culture, history and trends to future predictions. The Washington Post calls me “A hotshot beauty consultant,” while ABC News referred to me as a “celebrity style maven.” I’m also a frequent guest on radio programs like NPR and morning TV shows including Good Morning America and the Today Show..
I’m an internationally recognized expert on business and style and the business of style. To elaborate, I’m quick with a quip or zinger of a quote to add some snap to your story or segment.
Contact me at media [at]if you’d like to chat about marketing, personal branding, beauty/beauty history & culture & the cosmetic industry, personal or business style, the retail industry, trends, pop culture, modern business matters & manners. Or use the contact form below.
I’ve written for, been written about or quoted in hundreds of top international media outlets and publications including: ABC News (refer to me as a “Celebrity Style Maven”), Adweek, amNewYork (former columnist), AOL, the AP, BrandWeek, Bravo, Bust, CareerBuilder, Chicago Sun Times, Chicago Tribune, CitySearch, CNBC, CNN, CNNMoney (Former TV host and series creator), Cosmopolitan, CommunityTable, DAME magazine, Entrepreneur, EOnline, Esquire.com, Fashion Week Daily, Financial Times, Fortune, Fortune Small Business (former contributor), Forbes, Forbes Life, Forbes Life Executive Woman, Four Seasons, Fox News, The Guardian, Galley Cat, Glamour, Good Morning America, The Guardian, Parade.com (columnist), Pregnancy, , Publishers Weekly, Religion News Wire, Scotland on Sunday (former columnist), The Boston Globe, TheDailyBeast, The Irish Times, The Daily Beast,The Scotsman, The Evening Standard, San Francisco Chronicle, Scripps Wire, Seattle Post, Self, USA Today , USA Weekend, U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post (“hotshot beauty consultant”), , Woman’s Day, Yahoo Finance, xoJane.com, Zink and so many more…, Investors Business Daily (subject of a Leaders and Success column), Jezebel.com, , Men’s Health, Mint.com (Creator of MintStyle) Monster.com, MSN, MSNBC, Newsday, Newsweek, New York Daily News, 360, The New York Sun (co-created the style section), The New York Times (Sunday Magazine, Styles Section, Business Section),
Some recent or favorite press mentions:
- Are skinny eyebrows great or gross? In the NY Post.
- Vegan cosmetics in Chicago Tribune
- Instagram influencers in The Huffington Post
- The history of red lipstick on Bustle
- On Racked.com discussing the future of Avon as a power brand
- In WWD discussing the new frugality
- Blue eyeshadow in ID
- Body shaming on CNN
- Rachel discusses golf couture on the AP
- On NPR discussing women in politics
- InStyle UK on wigs
- On the AP (and EVERYWHERE) discussing selfies
- On CNN commenting on the criticism of Michelle Obama’s lavish vacations
- In WWD discussing Melania Trump’s beauty influence
- In AdWeek discussing the evolution of Miss Dior as a Millennial brand
- On Yahoo discussing the Barbie Movie and potential roadblocks
- In Forbes discussing new trends in mom jeans.
- Jennifer Garner going makeup free on Yahoo Beauty
- The history of red lipstick in The Huffington Post
- The connection between makeup and war on Bustle
- Korean beauty in the Chicago Tribune
- On (wait for it) Boob contouring on Slate
- The history of socialites on BravoTV
Some oldies but goodies….
- On the Today show talking about Lindsay Lohan
- On ABC News discussing Esquire’s worst dressed list
- On Good Morning America discussing discontinued brands
- In the Daily News talking about Madonna and mom jeans
- Shavemate’s marketing plan in the New York Times
- The science of beauty in the Daily News
- On ABC News discussing Suri Cruise
- In the Washington Post on Crocs – the quote that spawned national TV appearances including back to back Today Show, Good Morning America and On the Money tapings.
- Marketing Cosmeceuticals New York Times Sunday Magazine
- On modesty in fashion in the Washington Post
- Gubernatorial fashion sense in The New York Times
- Teens and image consulting in The Washington Post
- Celebrities overshadowing causes in Newsweek
Want to quote me in your next beauty, trends, culture or celebrity inspired article? Use the handy dandy contact form below to start a conversation: